January 4, 2022
Get healthier this New Year
The Department of Health and Social Care have today (4 January) launched the latest instalment of the Better Health campaign to offer support and guidance to those working towards a healthier lifestyle.
Running until the end of March, the campaign looks to motivate and encourage adults across the nation to lose excess weight, eat healthier and get more active.
Better Health is working in partnership with 15 weight management and physical activity partners who are providing both free and discounted offers and the website will also signpost to local weight management support.
The new campaign highlights some of the benefits a healthier weight can have on an individual’s life:
- Decreased risk of common cancers (colon, liver, pancreas, kidney)
- Reduced risk of increased blood pressure
- Lowered risk of heart disease
- Less chance of developing diabetes
- Reduced strain from chronic back and joint pain
- Decreased risk of being hospitalised or becoming seriously ill with Covid-19
For more information and to get involved, visit the Better Health website to access a wealth of material on exercise, mental wellbeing and meal prep. The NHS weight loss plan and various fitness Apps are also available for free download.