February 2, 2015
Managing workload to deliver safe patient care
In a recent BMA Tracker survey, 74% of GPs described their workload as unmanageable or unsustainable.
The British Medical Association have produced new guidance and templates for ‘managing workload to deliver safe patient care’ and a list of recommendations of how to implement these changes in your own GP practice.
The guidance includes chapters on:
- Re-assessing where clinical work is provided
- Enhanced services and other incentive schemes
- Bureaucracy reduction and non-NHS work
- Patient partnership and self-empowerment
- New ways of working
- Working with other practices
- Viability of other roles
- List management
- Looking after your own health
- Useful resources including workload management checklist
- Template letters for practice use